The Behavioral Health Unit at Teche Regional Medical Center provides a caring, supportive environment specially designed to meet the emotional needs of adults, 18 and above, specializing in care of the aged. Through a structured plan of individual counseling, group therapy, coordinated activities and family support, patients are given the opportunity for renewal of social, physical and mental skills.
Teche Regional Medical Center’s Behavioral Health Unit located in Morgan City, Louisiana, is a 17 bed acute inpatient psychiatric unit. BHU specializes in caring for adults and geriatric clients under the direction of a Psychiatrist, multidisciplinary team of nurses and therapists. Our program combines psychotherapy, nursing education, activity therapy, and medication management with the goal of assisting our patients in achieving their highest degree of function and independence. For more information call 985-380-4515
- Confidential pre-admission screenings.
- 24 hour care directed by a Psychiatrist.
- Consulting Medical Physicians to address physical illnesses.
- Individual, group, and family therapy.
- Medicare, Medicaid, most private insurances (call to verify)